Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010~*

"Gratitude is the best attitude"

"For flowers that bloom about our feet; For tender grass, so fresh, so sweet;
For song of bird, and hum of bee; For all things fair we hear or see,
Father in heaven, we thank Thee!"
-Ralph Waldo Emerson


Thanksgiving is here. 
I try not to be thankful just one day a year, but everyday.
Here's my 2010 list of gratitude.

Things I Am Thankful For:
* Family- I am lucky to have such great people that I can call Family.  I was able to appreciate my family much more this year: Both my uncle and father were hospitalized this year (My uncle was in a coma for 3 months and my father had a blood pressure level of 240).  Amazingly, they are both alive and well.  I am lucky to have such amazing people in my life.

*Friendship-  I feel that this has been a year of testing my relationships.  Most of the biggest stresses I had this year dealt with my relationships with my friends.  It's been a year filled with laughs, tears, joy, disappointment, love, hurt, anger, and excitement.  But through it all, I know my friends are there for me and as much as they drive me crazy (and vice-versa), I am extremely blessed to have such wonderful friends in my life.


* Kindness of Strangers- This year, I was able to have so many different experiences where people I had just met were so open, kind, and caring to a complete stranger. 
-To the GBS crew, thank you for welcoming me with open arms and making my time in L.A. one that I'll never forget: It would not have been the same without you guys.  It was truly a blessing to have witnessed the passion and love you guys have~ you truly made me feel like a sister in Christ. 
- To the Sudarma Family, you fed me (a looot), sheltered me, and clothed me (you'll never get your sweater back, Josh).  Most importantly, you made me feel like family.  Thank you for being so amazingly kind and hospitable to me.  I'm lucky to have been able to spend so much time with the whole Sudarma/Taslim clan: you are such amazing people.
- Brian and Mrs. Reed, staying with you in West Virginia was a fabulous experience that I'll always look back on fondly.  I guess I can be a little bit country (Goodbye City Life~ For a few days!)    ;)  
Thank you for sharing your delicious food (mmmm.. I can still taste the grits and bacon!), your room (even if it IS haunted), and especially your time with me. 

*Tough Love-  This year was a tough one for the ego.  I feel like I got yelled at/ lectured a lot... but in the end, I do appreciate it.  It shows that people care enough to tell me what I need to hear.
Tracy/Viv-  You two are the ones I go to when I need my dose of harsh reality.  Thank you for always being so honest with me, cutting out the B.S., and always being there to listen to all my ramblings.
Michael Devellis-  Thank you for being direct with me.  It wasn't easy to hear, but they were things I definitely needed to hear and I am grateful to have that experience to learn from.  I promise I will have new business cards by 2011.  =D

* Spiritual Growth- This year, I feel my spiritual life and relationship with God truly blossomed.  I experienced God in many different ways, I found a church that feels like home, and the way I look at life and the way I pray has changed.  God is great.
To my Small group girls-  I feel renewed every time I leave small group.  I'm tremendously lucky to have you girls in my life.  

* Health, Wealth, Happiness-  I'm healthy.  Sometimes my mental health suffers greatly (hee hee... New York Neurotic... sigh....), but I am grateful to have my health. 
-I'm no Paris Hilton or Blair Waldorff, but I have a looooot of material goods.  I'm finally starting to realize... I really don't need more stuff!!!
-I go through my ups and downs, but for the most part, I'm a very happy person.  And when I'm not, I can at least usually try to see the bright side of things.  And for that, I am thankful.


So..... what are you all thankful for?  If it seems like there might not be a lot, start with the basics.
If you are reading this post
1. You're alive.
2. You can see
3. You have a computer or have the ability to be on a computer.

There you go, 3 things to be thankful for!  Now be creative and come up with your own list of things that you're thankful for.  You'll probably be surprised at how much that list can keep growing!
Like the energizer bunny, it keeps going... and going... and going....  ;)


"Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough."
-Oprah Winfrey


Happy Thanksgiving Day!


*~ Have a Beautiful Day! ~*




2 comments:

  1. thankful for you irene! hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving! :) lets meet up soon.

    ReplyDelete